Saturday, May 26, 2012

Macro leaf texture. Increased grain effect using Lightroom

Here is a simple shot that was taken using natural light on my lounge floor. I placed the leaf on a green piece of textured water colour paper and then lifted the leaf up about 15mm (by putting a few twigs underneath it) so that the paper background would be slightly out of focus. Lifting the leaf also helps give it some great shadows. I took the image with a 60mm f2.8 Nikon macro lens and then processed it in Lightroom. The processing involved softening the textured paper background even further by using a negative setting in the clarity filter. I then desaturated most of the colors except for the yellows, oranges and reds - I slightly boosted these colors. Finally I used the grain effect in Lightroom to add a consistent grain texture across the whole image. CLICK HERE to learn more about Adobe Lightroom. To learn more about how I process images check out my Lightroom Tutorial and Lightroom Presets.

CLICK HERE to learn more about Adobe Lightroom. To learn more about how I process images check out my Lightroom Tutorial and Lightroom Presets.