Saturday, June 2, 2012

Queenstown Landscape Processed in Lightroom, shot on 14-24 Nikon lens

This was my first chance to try out the 14-24mm f2.8 Nikon lens on a landscape. This lens does amazing things with clouds and reflections. The Lightroom work in this image consisted of a few different treatments, the main one was to increase both the vibrancy and saturation across the whole image, this enhanced the blues nicely, but over saturated the orange colors in the trees. To compensate for this I did some selective desaturation with the orange and yellow tones which fixed this problem. I also applied the brush tool to the tree horizon and added small amount of extra exposure to bring out the details. To finish off the image I sharpened the tree areas slightly and then brushed some subtle yellow light into the cloud areas. This part of New Zealand is amazing at this time of the year, if you are in the area Queenstown should be on your list of stop overs. CLICK HERE to learn more about Adobe Lightroom. To learn more about how I process images check out my Lightroom Tutorial and Lightroom Presets.

CLICK HERE to learn more about Adobe Lightroom. To learn more about how I process images check out my Lightroom Tutorial and Lightroom Presets.